MapBasic v11.5.1 maintenance release includes important updates to the MapBasic v11.5.0 software. We recommend that all MapInfo Professional v11.5.1 users should update their version of MapBasic. This patch is not valid for any pre-releases of MapInfo Professional v11.5, MapBasic, or ProViewer. There are no user interface changes, and it can be safely applied to any localized releases of MapBasic v11.5.
Version: MapBasic v11.5.
- Windows XP Professional 32-bit Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 with 32-bit compatibility mode
- Windows 2008 Server 32-bit SP2
- Windows 2008 Server 32-bit SP2 with XenServer
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1
We recommend that you print this page for easy reference during the installation process.
Prior to Installing the Patch
- Install MapBasic v11.5, if not already installed
- Quit MapInfo Professional if it is running (and MapBasic if you have it installed) prior to launching the patch installer.
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\temp\MapBasic115patch
- Click on the MapBasic11.5.1MaintenanceRelease.exe – this will cause the File Download dialog box to appear
- Choose the “Save” button and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. C:\temp\MapBasic115patch).
- Once the download completes, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. C:\temp\ MapBasic115patch).
Refer to the Maintenance Release Notes for detailed instructions and additional notes.
- If you downloaded the ZIP file, extract it before continuing to the next step.
- Windows XP – Double-click the MapBasic11.5.1MaintenanceRelease.exe file to start the installation process.
- Windows 7, Windows 2008 – Right-click the MapBasic11.5.1MaintenanceRelease.exe file and select Run as Administrator from the popup menu to install using elevated privileges. If a prompt for permission to continue displays. Click Allow or Yes to proceed (if you do not respond and the message times-out, the install is unsuccessful).
- This program starts the install wizard that leads you through the rest of the patch installation process. It is important to wait until the installation completes.